Wednesday 21 May 2014

Open Project - Final Art Pieces

PhotoShop



This is a photo shop piece of art that is to show what I hope the colour scheme to look like within the area that I hope to be in the game, this would be the front area of the reception, this would be where all the picture frames of famous people that have been to the dragon reserve. Also there will be memorial weapons, this is also what is pictured within this 'snapshot' I would like them to be different, so that they are more individual and would have more personality, rather than just having a standard weapon.

I like the atmosphere that has been created, I think that it is soft as well as dark, I did not want foreboding and scary, I wanted a comfortable shadow to hang over the area.

Going with the style of Alphonse Mucha, I wanted to use more muted colours, than vibrant, to show that there is a link between my artist and the style of my work. however in the 3D environment, this may be missed, due to some of this being difficult in a different dimensional area.

Watercolour


This is a water colour version of the weapon that I shall be making for the project, as you can see this is also similar to the weapon above in the photoshop edition, i have gone for the same colour scheme when it comes to the weapon, I wanted it to look close to the artist that I chose, that is why I did the background in warm colours that blended together but also contrasted nicely with the colours of the weapon. I wanted the scene in the art to look inviting and warm, even though this is a picture of a weapon.

As can be seen I went against the muted colours, using vibrant colours I wanted to see what that did to the feeling of the environment in a way. As from what I can see there was not a big difference, but that could be due to the fact that it it quite a small bit, so I cannot really see the full picture for the style, so i do not think that I shall go with this.

Pencil


This picture would not correct the way that it would appear on the screen, so that's why it is at an odd angle.

This is a picture that was done in pencil because I wanted to show more detail within this picture, so has you can see all the shade is not perfect, but I just wanted this to be hinted, the detail was what was important, i wanted to show all the work that was to be made within the scene, I wanted to show the bricks and the windows, to show what the environment would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment